Before you apply, find out which entry document you need to visit Canada. This could be a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:
- The type of travel document you plan to travel with
- The country that issued your travel document
- Your nationality
- Your method of travel to Canada for this trip
- What is a temporary resident visa / visitor visa?
- A temporary resident / visitor visa is an official document stamped in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to travel to Canada.
Most travellers require a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need a visa if you are transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.
BASIC TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- You must meet some basic requirements to travel to Canada. You must:
- Have a valid travel document, like a passport
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay.
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
- You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
STEPS FOR APPLYING A TOURIST VISA TO CANADA
First, identify the Visa Category you wish to apply, and requirements based on your nationality.
Prepare the application form, and the documents as required by the Canadian Consulate.
Submit the requested documents and pay the appropriate fees. You will be schedule for an appointment with the VAC for Biometric Data
On the Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument and payment instructions. Applicable service charges will be levied. Please ensure you bring an accepted method of payment.
Every year, over 35 million people choose to visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities which Canada has to offer, including visiting family and friends.
If you wish to travel to Canada for purposes other than business or pleasure, you are required to apply for a visa in the right category, such as study or temporary work.